Expansion of product range: lead-free aluminium for machining
In our aluminium assortment we now offer the quality
- AW-6026LF (LF = lead-free or lead content < 0.05%)
With the aluminium alloy AW-6026LF Brütsch/Rüegger Metals offers a lead-free alternative to common aluminium alloys. Despite the absence of lead (< 0.05%), the material has good mechanical properties and allows high productivity. AW-6026LF is very suitable for machining on automatic lathes, but can also be used for hot forming.
AW-6026LF (AlSiMgBi); round bars, drawn/pressed, EN 573-3, T6/T8/T9
- ex stock Ø 10...30 mm (drawn)
- ex works bearing Ø 32...55 mm (drawn)
- from factory stock Ø 60...200 mm (pressed)
EN AW-6026LF is the lead-free version of the alloy EN AW-6012
- environmentally friendly, small traces
- good corrosion resistance
- excellent machinability thanks to short chip formation
- very low tool wear during machining
- machined surface is shiny
- complies with the EU standard (2000/53/EG) for the automotive industry
- Normal atmosphere - very good
- Industry, sea water - very good
- Anodic oxidation: decorative - good
- Hardcoating - good
The chemical and mechanical properties can be found in the catalogue on page 262.
We are looking forward to your orders.